Thursday, August 18, 2005

Chasing the sun


Here are two sunset photos taken in Egg Harbor, Wisconsin. One with a wide-angle lens and the other with a telephoto. Both include people on the dock who gathered to take in the sunset.

It was a bit of a struggle trying to frame people in relation to the sun to make for an interesting composition. People tend to move about, and I had to keep moving along a parallel dock, resetting my tripod, recomposing and shooting quickly. In addition to aligning people with the sun, I wanted to avoid cluttering the photo with rigging from the many boats moored at the docks.

One couple made life a little easier for me by sitting on the dock while doing some fishing. I was able to concentrate on them and get several frames. This is the one I liked the best.

Click on photos to enlarge. © 2005 James Jordan. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

EngLee said...

Nice photo!

James said...

Thanks so much.