Thursday, September 29, 2005

Autumn fire

Autumn fire
Autumn provides a spectacular contrast of colors against the blue of the sky. These maple leaves are literally going out in a blaze of glory. Within a week or so of taking this photograph, the leaves had nearly all fallen from this tree.

As I get closer to the threshold of the second half of my life, I’d much rather live it in a way that colorfully gives testimony to the God that I believe in. I don’t expect to change a lot of minds or create a bevy of converts to Christianity. But I do want to be true to what I am and show my “true colors” so to speak.

And maybe if I’m fortunate enough, to go out in a blaze of glory.

Click on picture to enlarge. Photograph © 2005, James Jordan.

5 comments:

James said...

Hey, anonymous:
Just wondering how you got this spam message past the word verification feature. I have some information on how you can be debt-free in a spiritual sense. Check out Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23 and John 3:16 if you have some time.

John said...

Awesome photo!! I love it! I'm sure God appreciates your appeciation too.

John said...

Hey James, did you know that you can click on the tiny little trashcan at the bottom of someone's comment if you're logged in when you read it and then check the "Delete Permanently" box and the SPAM comment goes away so you don't have to host the jerk's message? You can delete this one too... I just couldn't find an e-mail for you and thought you might not know.

James said...

John, yes I know about the trash can. Couldn't help but repsond just to make a point. Thanks. :-)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful photo! Just red and blue, but sooo nice. I also like the DOF here. Keep up the good work.