Sunday, November 06, 2005

The bridge at Tyler Creek

This photograph has a busier compostion than I normally like, but the light and color of this scene just shouted, “Take me!” So I did. This is the third in a series of pictures of Tyler Creek near my home in the northwest Chicago suburbs.

In retrospect, it’s the splashes of color from the sky, the trees along the creekbank and spots of sunlight on the rocks and leaves that make it interesting for me. Other than a little dodging and burning and some minor levels adjustments in PhotoShop, this is what hit the film in my camera.

Happy Monday (sounds oxymoronic, I know, but do what you can).

Click on picture to enlarge. Photograph © 2005 James Jordan.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the colors and reflections. Reminded me of Monet's garden paintings.

Anonymous said...

Now those are getting there. I like them both. Color is what you don't see when you are looking. Our eyes are never in tune with our brains in tha same way. We see things but not really.

Cedar Waxwing said...

Where exactly is that bridge? Do you think this is the same bridge?

http://elginpostcards.tripod.com/Tyler_creek.htm

I grew up playing in parts of that creek. My grandfather always told me it was named after his mother's family who were Tylers, but acording to that link it was another family.

James said...

Cedar,
There are some similarities in design, but it looks like the bridge on the postcard is free-standing, where this bridge is set into a ravine. The bridge in the postcard may be on the property of Judson College, which is a half mile east of this bridge.