Sunday, February 12, 2006

Baileys Harbor sunrise

I shot this photograph a couple of years ago with my totally manual film camera (see the post below that explains why) in Door County, Wisconsin. The skies at that time in the northern U.S. were full of smoke particles from forest fires that were raging in Colorado, making for unusual coloration at sunrise and sunset.

My wife and I had just come to Baileys Harbor from Kangaroo Lake where I took this photo, and were exploring a small spit of land that stretched into the harbor. I wanted to photograph the sky, but I also wanted to find something to place in the foreground for added visual interest. My wife discovered the patch of daisies and that was that.

Click on picture to enlarge. Photograph © 2006 James Jordan.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good arrangement and interesting light. good one!

~pen~ said...

i ADORE daisies!! this shot is wonderful, james.

James said...

Otilius,
Thanks. I like the humor in your photos and captions. you have a blog that nicely captures the gritty nature of NY.

m2, as always, I appreciate your visits and comments!