Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Retrospective #1

With the advent of a year gone by since I started this blog, I thought I would take a few posts to revisit some of my favorite photos from the past year. To document my growth as a photographer. To review some special memories. To stall for time until I can get out and take some new pictures.

Anyway, here is a favorite locale to get photos. Kangaroo Lake in Door County, Wisconsin. There are quite a few shots of this lake scattered throughout the archives here. This one was taken at 5:30 in the morning, while the air was still and the lake like a mirror. I took three frames of this scene, then the breeze kicked up and the tranquil effect was gone.

Click picture to enlarge. Photograph © 2006 James Jordan.

3 comments:

Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

A mirror indeed....being reflective is a good, good thing.

Being introspective and retrospective with you.....
Ann V.: Holy Experience

keltic said...

makes me want to go on a vacation!!!
so peaceful...

Anonymous said...

I have been going through your blog (found you on Lensday). You have some really beautiful, calming images.