Friday, May 05, 2006

The piper

Teenage bagpiper, Elgin Riverfront Park, 6:48 p.m. This is Carl. He was warming up for an appearance on the public radio program From the Top, which was scheduled to tape at Elgin's Hemmen's Auditorium which is adjacent to the park. From the Top features talented young classical musicians from across the U.S. Of course, the kilt was more for the benefit of the live audience as opposed to that of the radio audience when the show airs in October.

Carl was scheduled to play a piece scored for bagpipes and full orchestra. I'm sorry I missed it. I'll have to wait until October.

Click on picture to enlarge. Photograph © 2006 James Jordan.

2 comments:

Phil W said...

Nice shot. I love pipers. There was one in my class at college.

James said...

It was nice listening to the pipes outdoors and hearing them echo off the riverbank and nearby buildings.

Thanks!