Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Bound or braced?

Ever feel like you’re bound on all sides and can’t seem to break free? If this lilac tree in my dad’s garden could feel, I bet it would feel that way. Root damage from moles made this tree wobbly, so my dad braced it up with pipes and rope to give it some room to recover.

So when I feel hemmed in by circumstances, is it because I'm being being bound – or braced while I put down some deeper roots? My response to those circumstances make the determination.

Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. Romans 5:3-4

Click on picture to enlarge. Photograph © 2006 James Jordan.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Nice way to look at this.
There is always two sides to a coin.


Take Care
Michael

Mama Kelly said...

I like this way of looking at those times when one feels trapped