Sunday, July 09, 2006

Going green

A couple of weeks ago, I celebrated the color red in a series of photographs. This week, the color green will take center stage for a couple of days. I’m continuing a series of shots from my father’s garden at the home where I grew up in Morrice, Michigan.

The rounded forms of these hosta leaves create a sensuous texture. Beyond asthetics, the design of the leaf channels rainwater most efficiently to the roots of the plant.

No post-processing, save for the removal of a small blemish or two from the surface of the leaves.

Click on picture to enlarge. Photograph © 2006 James Jordan.

3 comments:

engloy said...

Wonderful colour and clarity, James. Thanks for the heads-up on my Wandering Over The Scaffold post too! :)

James said...

engloy, thanks for the kind words. And no problem on linking to your photo - it's a good one that I wanted to call attention to.

Anonymous said...

I love Hostas, i just wish i was able to grow them.
love your photo.