Thursday, July 06, 2006

Invitation

My father started gardening before I was born, and has spent the better part of fifty years planting, watering, weeding, thinning and trimming around our home in Morrice, Michigan.

The garden constantly shifts and morphs. New flowers, new configurations, new ornamentation have come and gone over the years. But the gardener and his imagination are the constant. I inherited my father’s love of photography, but not his green thumb. I usually grow a pretty set of weeds in the few flower beds around my home in Elgin.

I spent some time on a recent visit home photographing my dad’s garden. I’ll share those with you over the next few days. The walkway above offers its invitation. Come on in.

Click on picture to enlarge. Photograph © 2006 James Jordan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely and inviting

Bill said...

I don't have the green thumb either. I have restored five houses and pretty much know what I am doing inside but we had to hire a women down the road from us to do out gardens.

By the way, we must be on the same posting schedule, we seem to be together on the Rocket quite often.