Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Just here for the pier

After posting photos taken in the southwestern U.S. over the past week or so, I felt the need to see some water. This one is another in the series taken at the beach north of Evanston, Illinois last September. The old relic pier came in handy as a compositional element, acting as a connector between the water and sky. I returned in October to capture the harvest moon rising over the same pier. It’s a great location and not much more than an hour’s drive from my home.

I missed getting out and photographing under the hunter’s moon on Sunday night because of cloud cover. The clouds lifted long enough last night for me to get out into some rural areas near my house and get some moonlit shots on film. Those will be processed today and hopefully there will be something decent on the roll.

Stay tuned.

Click on picture to enlarge. Photograph © 2006 James Jordan.

8 comments:

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Absolutely surreal - I love it!

Is it on Flickr by any chance? I'd like to make it a favorite of mine.

James said...

mushy, glad you like it. This exact one is not in my Flickr photostream, but there is a vertical version along with several others:

http://flickr.com/photos/jamesjordan

Buffy said...

Beautiful composition! And the colors are so lovely...

Marion said...

James, your photos are incredible! I love visiting here!

Anonymous said...

fantastic. great surreal touch and breathtaking perspective.

Anonymous said...

I really like this pic! The colors and the contrast between the pier and the water are just beautiful!

Neoma said...

A wonderful pictures, it could be from any time in history or present day, it is ageless.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic image. I really like the long exposure effect and your composition.