Saturday, February 10, 2007

Barn with a cross

I worked for a while as a design director for a daily newspaper. During that stint, I learned a lot about how news photographers work. They almost universally subscribe to the Red Rule – “If you see something red, shoot it!”

So while driving around Door County on a crisp, cold afternoon last weekend, I passed this red barn. So I stopped and shot it. Only afterward, as I made some slight adjustments to the photo on my computer did I notice the shadow of a cross on a hill on the side of the barn – courtesy of a small rise and a telephone pole that sat behind me and to the right. Bonus.

I doubt it will fetch anything on eBay, but you never know nowadays.

Click on picture to enlarge. Photograph © 2007 James Jordan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photo - with a little bit of serendipity for the "cross"!

Wally Banners said...

I think its the best picture you'll ever take man.