Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Feeling wrecked of late

If it's not the weather, it's been my schedule that has kept me from getting out to do some shooting of late. In desperation, I took some photos of my cat last weekend (Alas! It's come to that!). At least she has an interesting story to go along with her photo in yesterday's post.

Here's the other tried and true solution to a dearth of new photos: the retrospective. A year ago, I came across this wrecker truck that found itself wrecked on top of the Cumberland Plateau in central Tennessee. The folks there have an efficient way of dealing with stuff that's lost its usefulness - leave it where it died. Makes life a lot simpler, and besides, it's nature's way, right? This truck is even returning to the earth, one rusty molecule at a time.

For what it's worth: Points of Light has garnered a nomination at the Blogger's Choice Awards. Although I do have to admit I'd never heard of it until I noticed a referral in my site tracker software. I followed the link and discovered the nomination. Soooo ... if you find it within yourself to cast a vote for this blog, please click the image below to go there (you will be asked to create a login, but hey, who doesn't already have more logins than they can use, right?).



Click on picture to enlarge. Photograph © 2007 James Jordan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome photo! Congrats on your nomination!

Kilroy_60 said...

Just a quick note, the nomination was a Strategic Alliance effort. Excellence, afterall, should be recognized.

Wondering if I'll get a Most Obnoxious nomination. 8-)