Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Dandelion sparkler

A dandelion's seed head sparkles in the sunlight. This photo is a continuation of my exploration of little things made big through coupling two lenses face-to-face.

Quick fact: The dandelion got its name because of its sharp-lobed leaves. In old French, dent-de-lion is translated lion's tooth.

And I grew up thinking that the yellow flower resembled a lion's mane and looked kind of dandy.

Click on picture to enlarge. Photograph © 2007 James Jordan.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Composition, lighting and color, ... very nice!

Wanda said...

Now that is absolutely stunning!!!

Kim said...

Very nice shot!!

James said...

Thank you all for your comments. I plan to do more of this type of shot in the future. The possibilities are nearly endless!

kebrunella said...

I just found your blog and I think it's really interesting. Your photos are beautiful and your words as well. I'll be visiting you again and again!