Thursday, May 10, 2007

Moonlit road

I never saw the stars, the fence or the shadows on the road when I shot this at 4:00 a.m. I wasn't even quite sure the photo was in focus. Part of the adventure of doing moonlit night shots is that you never know for sure what the final image will look like, if you shoot film, like I do.

I like being pleasantly surprised. Hope your weekend does that for you.

Moonlit road, Door county, Wisconsin. 6-minute exposure at f8, 400 ISO film. Click on picture to enlarge. Photograph © 2007 James Jordan.

3 comments:

Wanda said...

oh my goodness, look at those stars...I love that!

Anonymous said...

Wish my snaps came out like that when I hadn't noticed things! Lovely image, as they all are... creweblog

Anonymous said...

James,

I'm glad to see you back in Door County. Can't beat the quality of your photos.