Sunday, July 08, 2007

Flotilla

A trio of waterfowl cut a path across the rippling surface of the Fox River near St. Charles, Illinois. The undulating waters and the rippled wake of the birds create an abstract canvas on which to feature their silhouettes.

A professional photographer with whom I had the pleasure of working when I was a photo buyer for a publisher put it this way: "Simple pictures are best."

I do believe he is correct.

Click on simple picture to enlarge. Photograph © 2007 James Jordan.

2 comments:

Wanda said...

Sometimes James, your pictures are so uniquely beautiful, I don't have words to express it! today is one of those days....Just takes my breath away!!!

JAM said...

You and your photographer friend are so right. Images like this one make an immediate impact.

Something gut level immediately says, "Yeah! I like it!"