Thursday, August 16, 2007

A fish out of water

In the sky actually. My wife and I were strolling around Racine, Wisconsin over the weekend when I noticed a cloud formation that bore a striking resemblance to an angelfish, so I snapped a quick shot of it, hoping to find some use for it at a future time.

Last night I found that use - while looking through some photos, I came across this twilight photo of a beach taken a couple of months ago, also in Racine, that I had not published because I felt the sky was lacking. Some quick PhotoShop work placed the cloud formation over the beach. Some stars from another file photo rounds out the look of the image.

The next few days will comprise a series of twilight photos taken as night fell on the harbor and marina in Racine. Stay tuned.

Click on picture to enlarge. Photograph © 2007 James Jordan.

Photography blogging: How has the digital revolution redefined the photograph?

Photo find of the day: “Sky Speaks to Water” by Peter Bowers, an amateur photog from Toronto, Canada. One of my contacts at Flickr, Peter produces some stunning outdoor images. While you’re at it, browse some of what Peter considers his best efforts.

5 comments:

engloy said...

Beautiful work as usual, James. One thing I couldn't help notice is the dark vignetting at the bottom left corner of the frame though. Was that intentional?

James said...

engloy, thanks for stopping by. the vignetting was done on the original photo. I added another vignette on the composite, which further darkened that corner. Now that you've mentioned it, I will lighten it as I think it turned out a bit heavy in that area.

Otto K. said...

This is beautiful, James. Love the deep colors.

Wanda said...

Yes, I agree the colors are so rich and deep and I love the cloud formation...wonderful!

Goss UK said...

wow, this looks great