Sunday, November 04, 2007

Autumn: What the squirrel saw

Yesterday was a beautifully sunny autumn day. In the late afternoon, the sun created patterns of light across my backyard, so I grabbed a camera and took a walk around the house, looking for interesting sights to photograph.

The low angle light created some brilliant backlighting on the grass and some of the oak leaves that lay on the ground. The best way to capture it was to get close to the earth. So I did.

After I had taken this photo I was reminded of those times when I played in piles of leaves when I was young. So in this instance, capturing the present included a bit of reliving the past.

Maybe that's the way it always is.

Click on picture to enlarge. Photograph © 2007 James Jordan.

4 comments:

Wanda said...

The lighting is wonderful. Love the angle you got...laying on your tummy were you??
Memories of the past, bring a smile to the present! :)

James said...

That seems to be the way this autumn is going for me. Weathering the present, but buoyed by the memories of days past.

Anonymous said...

love your title on this one!

Kim said...

I love the color and the perspective of this image. The light is wonderful!