Saturday, December 22, 2007

A perfect world

Of course we know it isn’t. Life, as nature, isn’t perfect. But we can create the illusion that all is in balance and no imperfections mar the landscape.

Until someone figures out the camera tricks we’ve employed and the fog and snow clear away, revealing the truth that was there all along.

The saddest victim is the person who successfully fools himself.

Photo: A perfect world. Composite photo taken in fog. Click on picture to enlarge. Photograph © 2007 James Jordan.

7 comments:

Hillary said...

Very cool shot! One day I hope to have photoshop and do some playing around like this!

I figured out the filter trick, thanks to your clarification! I now have some cool pictures of our tree with musical note-shaped lights, spiral-shaped lights, and of course, hearts. Thanks for the tip! :)

HeyJules said...

Man, am I jealous! I'm speechless - that photo is just perfect! It makes me want to walk right into the scene and keep on going.

Anonymous said...

This shot is full of impression. Looks like an fantasy Land. Great work.

Wanda said...

Yes, you do have a perfect picture in a imperfect world.

You quote is both sobering and truthful.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. You are a good blogger friend, and I love coming to your post.
Wanda

to touch a unicorn said...

I really like this post your photograph and words speak volumes.

Wishing you and those you hold dear a very merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year.
Sandy

SJW said...

Jim, I've really enjoyed your photo "eye" and the many locales visited this past year. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Kim said...

Perfect composition - the line of trees draws me right in. Well done!