Friday, April 18, 2008

Remnants

On a walk along the Fox River the other day, I saw last year's signs of spring.


Photo blogging: If you want to make a career in photography, the conventional wisdom is to find a niche. French photographer Cedric Delsaux found his … superimposing Star Wars characters on modern day urban landscapes. You don’t think this sounds like a compelling theme? “I find your lack of faith disturbing.” *performs the Sith death pinch*

Check out Cedric Delsaux’s urban Star Wars images.

Stop in the name of ... Thank goodness I concentrate on photographing landscapes. Thus far, no park rangers have approached me demanding to know what I was doing outdoors with a camera. But I have been approached by security guards and police officers while photographing public places. Only one time (so far) have I been unable to talk my way into going about my business. I need to learn how to do that Jedi mind trick thing. *waves hand* “I am not the criminal you’re looking for … taking photos in public is a stupid way to go about being a terrorist, they tend to keep things more secret … you may go about your business.”

Photographers in the UK are having a time from overzealous Barney Fife types of officers (excuse me … it’s Great Britain … Bernard Fifes). There is a groundswell of support building to get Parliament involved in securing photographers’ rights to go about their business. We’ll see how it goes.

Click on picture to enlarge. Photograph © 2008 James Jordan.

2 comments:

engloy said...

I didn't know you were into Star Wars, James :) I wish that I could do some Jedi mind tricks on overzealous security guards sometimes too.

James said...

Been a fan since I saw the first film back in 1977. Fear of terrorism makes people do some crazy things - which, ironically, proves that terrorism is working.