Thursday, May 22, 2008

Time has flown

It's probably safe to assume that there are still more dandelions in the world than there are photographs of them, but photographers all over the world are working hard to close the gap. So here is another contribution from me to the world.

The symbolism is there - the passage of time, age, leaving a legacy. Maybe that's what makes them such a popular subject on Flickr.

I strolled through my backyard last evening photographing some of the flowers that are appearing. I carried a sheet of black foam board to create backgrounds for several shots. Before I stepped back inside, I noticed this guy near the back of my garage.

Click on picture to enlarge. Photograph © 2008 James Jordan.

1 comment:

ChrisJ said...

As many dandelions as they are I never cease to be delighted with the dandelion 'clocks'. They are so perfectly formed. I have one of those acrylic paper weights with the dandelion inside it. Gorgeous!