Thursday, May 29, 2008

Window dressing

My wife and I fequently take evening walks through Dundee, Illinois. Our usual route takes us through the old business section of town. And every time we pass this building with the ornate windows and Italianate architecture I snap a photo of it if I happen to have a camera with me.

Somehow I think looking out through this window just doesn't compare with the view looking in.

It's done with mirrors. I've been providing tips to one of my friends who is getting into some serious photography. Last evening inspiration hit and the results are some very clever images involving nature and a curved mirror. Well done, grasshopper.

Click on pictures to enlarge. Photograph © 2008 James Jordan.

1 comment:

Wanda said...

What a beautiful window ~~ you must have wonderful walks with your wife in your town. Lovely!!