Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Retreat

Sign of spring 2

The icy tentacles of winter slowly release their grip upon the earth. Though they may wage another battle or two against the forces of spring in the days ahead, the outcome is becoming clearer by the day.

For reasons unbeknown, we're celebratin' all things Irish today (it's pronounced OY-rish by the denizens of OYR-lund, by the way - just a tip so you sound authentic -- no need to thank me). I'll be doin' my part by having a corned beef sandwich for lunch. And that's about it.

Hopin' you byes and garls have a good one today.

Photo blogging: One of my photographs showed up on Andrew Sullivan's Daily Dish blog last weekend. The Dish is one of the top 100 blogs in the world, according to Technorati.com, which tracks such things. The photo accompanied a post that reviews a review of a book that deals with deriving meaning from the beauty of nature.

Oh, and there's an amusing post that precedes the one on beauty. A chin-scratching type wonders if God's perfection is somehow diminished if one lives apart from Him. For some reason, I can't imagine that God is sitting somewhere wringing His hands wondering, "Why don't they ever call me?" Shows what happens when we make us the standard of perfection.

Photograph © 2009 James Jordan.

1 comment:

I need orange said...

you mean "oyl be doing my part"

:-)

Nice shot! Love all the edges of the ice, the cracks, the contrast with the rocky shore.....