Friday, March 13, 2009

Today's post ...

Farmstead

... was standing in front of an old barn about a mile from my house in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. The edge of the Chicago metroplex is an eclectic mix of city, suburb, rural, growth, decay, new and old - a lot like my photography these days.

This week's postings have been a hodge podge of rural landscapes, assignment photography and technical tryouts on my part. On the one hand, I apologize for the eclecticity of this week's postings and thank and congratulate you for sticking with me. On the other hand, I've been pretty transparent about where I currently stand as a photographer - trying to find the balance between my personal photographic vision and professional image-making assignments. That this blog appears somewhat jumbled is an accurate representation of my current state.

The personal photography began with landscapes and nature. The professional involves products and people. The trick is to meld the two into a single unified style that I can call my own, then go out and sell the heck out of it.

This weekend will be interesting. I'll be out shooting three assignments this weekend - a product shot, a portrait session and a series of shots for a photo competition. It's either a perfect opportunity or a perfect storm. We'll see how it turns out.

Hope you have a good one.

Photograph © 2009 James Jordan.

2 comments:

Wanda said...

I love old barns.... I might do a watercolor of this one!

Dawning Inspiration said...

Oh! Can't wait to see what you come back with!