Thursday, December 10, 2009

Snowman (with bokeh background)

Let it bokeh, Let it bokeh, Let it bokeh,

Christmas is the season of lights (oops, I mean the holiday season is the season of lights), and I can channel my inner Clark Griswold and light up the house like nobody's business. I can also play with out-of-focus circles of lights because there's just so many lights to make out-of-focus.

Bokeh is a photographic term used to describe the quality of the out-of-focus background produced by any given lens. You can get a thorough explanation here.

This photo was lit with a single strobe camera right. White reflector placed just off-camera to the left to add fill to the shadows. Silver reflector used to throw more reflected light onto the dark hat of the ceramic snowman (oops, I mean person of snow).

Photograph © 2009 James Jordan.

2 comments:

Gail said...

Great photo, James. The bOOPSkeh is amazing!

Anonymous said...

I love this! It has such an old timey, nostalgic quality to it..reminds me of when times were simpler.