Monday, April 19, 2010

Food, glorious food

Mmm ... eggs benedict

I've played with food photography in the past, but was fortunate enough to get a real good shot at it (pun intended) this weekend.

You're looking at eggs benedict, asparagus and pineapple with poblano pepper. Lighting was pretty simple -- window light from behind the plate, softened with a white diffuser. On-camera flash bounced from the ceiling to the right for some fill light on the front.

There's an interesting story of how this shoot all came about. A couple of blogging buddies set this up, and I'll let them tell the tale on their own blogs. But first, I have to process all the photos from the day and get them to the bloggers so it can happen.

So stay tuned.

Photograph © 2010 James Jordan.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! This looks delicious. I am slobbering like Pavlov's dog.

Wanda said...

I saw this on fb, but it's even better looking here...bigger!